Friday, May 1, 2009

sleeping with the windows open

I am freezing my %&$! off!  Time to dash off to the boys room.  How cold can it be? - COLD!  Now I’m awake.385310856_44e099d067[1]

It’s spring and I live in a northern climate.  All you southern softies can’t know the joy an open window means to a northern, cocoon dweller.  So, at the first opportunity, those windows are open. 

The romantic notion would be that the birds singing wake me up instead of the alarm clock.  I’m an early riser.  I wake up the birds.  But, it’s still better to listen to the birds than to listen to the snowplows scraping the pavement as they go by your place.

Welcome Spring.  Welcome the smell of fresh cut grass.  Welcome ice cream stand (I feel like George Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life”).  Welcome baseball.  Welcome rain.  Welcome Sun. 

I’d better get my hat.

2 comments:

  1. As a Northern dweller (far North), I hear you Tom!

    "Don't blink, as Spring and Summer may pass you by." -Brenda- HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeeehooooo, spring is really here!!!!! :-D

    It's SO nice to have fresh air blowing through the house, and to go outside without having to put on coats and mitts and scarves and toques and boots....

    Enjoy the sunshine!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete