Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the final hurdle

tom and angelo email

It doesn’t show, but both of these guys were sweating their butts off prior to this picture being taken.  At least, the guy in the orange shirt was.  The guy in the orange shirt is me.  I also had a spot on my back side that was graciously taken out with Photoshop.

We’re getting very close to launching the angelo:HOME product line.  By the way, that’s Angelo on the right.

A product launch is fraught with pitfalls and pratfalls.  I enjoyed one of those falling off the back of a truck.  Hardly elegant, I managed to drop and roll, and end up with just a few scrapes.  If you look at the photo very closely, you’ll notice some band aids on my left arm. 

But, in the end, this is all worth it.  And really, worth it doesn’t have a thing to do with money.  It has to do with the realization of potential, to do something interesting, and potentially important.

Working with Angelo has been a perfect match.  His design and work ethic match my working man’s sensibilities, making beautiful product available to the masses.  Design shouldn’t be exclusive, it should be inclusive. 

I’ll be headed over to the factory in the next few weeks to oversee the final tailoring and packaging of the new product line.  One last hurdle.  While everything looks to be on a roll, we still have to make sure the product we’re putting out lives up to the promise of Angelo.  It’s my job to make sure it does.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. No luck needed, just don't fall off any trucks in Shanghai. I can feel the exhaustion creeping back in just by looking at that picture. Travel well my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't trip over that last hurdle!! ;-) And don't fall off any more trucks either -- that's gotta hurt!! Ouch!!

    Looking forward to the official release of angelo:HOME -- I'm sure everything is going to be fabulous!! :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete