Thursday, February 19, 2009

ooh la la........


On Monday morning, on my way to the office, I started seeing email traffic on my Blackberry about some gift boxes filled with chocolate. I was about an hour away when the first missive hit the airwaves, and shortly after, more came.
How beautiful said the emailer. How wonderful, how thoughtful. I won't divulge the name of the sender, but I will say this. I know this person is a friend of mine. It was a thank you gift.
When I arrived at the office, there was a stack of blue and brown, perfectly arranged with a ribbon ascending to the top where a simple, elegant bow peered above perfection.
One could only hope the contents matched the presentation. They did.
Everyone's day turned brighter. Everyone's laughter was louder. Everyone's spirit was raised. The gift of chocolate brought an even greater gift, the gift of people coming together, enjoying one another, and sneaking just one more taste of decadence.
Now it's my turn. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. The world would be a much better place if it was just a great big box of chocolates!!! :-)

    What a wonderful surprise on a Monday morning :-)

    Kelly (one half of DesignTies)

    ReplyDelete