Saturday, February 12, 2011

winners all….

Every time I hear somebody talk about bad kids, I think about the kids that perform in show choirs, not because they are bad, but because they are completely the opposite.

 SAM_0717

We had our own little version of “glee” tonight at Fort Atkinson High School during the 16th annual Fort Showcase.  Twenty show choirs from around the Midwest sang and danced their way into the hearts of the over 1000 people who attended.

SAM_0720

The precision and energy of these groups is something to experience.  I can’t explain it except to say that I had goose bumps, more than once, way more than once.

SAM_0709

The cool thing about these performers is they root for one another.  They cheer and dance and support each other.  The winning choir’s biggest supporters were from the group that came in second.  Now, how often does that happen?  I’ll give you a hint.  In show choir, all the time.

SAM_0727

Congratulations go out to 10th Street Edition of Linn-Mar High School,  Marion, Iowa as champions of this year’s Fort Showcase. 

But, as I watched these performances, there was a feeling that everyone was a champion, that we all win when events and activities such as these are offered. 

1 comment:

  1. For their energy, dedication and talent ... KUDOS to the kids. I agree they are ALL champions. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete