Sunday, February 13, 2011

things your parents never told you…..

I live in an interesting family.  We celebrated my dad’s 90th birthday today.  The photo below shows my mom, who is 87 herself with my dad.  They’ve been married 64 years.

SAM_0748

So, as my brother, Doug and I are talking with my dad,  Doug said something about my dad trading with Frank Lloyd Wright.  So, I asked my dad about this.

And, of course, in his matter of fact, no big deal way, he said he traded two peacocks for a bull calf.  Now, only in Wisconsin can this kind of thing happen.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photograph.

    And how interesting, the Frank Lloyd Wright detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes my day. Great photo and story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not often the most interesting people in your life are your parents, but that is the case in mine. I'm a pretty lucky guy.

    And, by the way, my dad has all kinds of those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just LOVE those kind of stories. (My Father had some good ones himself.) -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete