Saturday, June 6, 2009

Genius

Last night, I decided to become one of the millions of people who chose to watch “Up”, the Pixar animated movie distributed by Disney.

up1[1]

Since it’s been out a week, I thought it might be easy to get a ticket with maybe not so many little kids around me. You know, sticky stuff, crying babies, running around, and all that stuff that make it a little difficult to watch the movie.

So, I went to one theater, sold out. Then I went to another, full house, but not sold out. This is the second week!?

I’m not going to get into the specifics of the movie; I’ll let you discover that for yourself. But, let me tell you this. When the lights came up in the theater, it was mostly adults and older teens. And, during the movie, there was genuine laughter, tears, characters you cared about, and more.

And, for a little less than two hours, I was transported to a place and introduced to people that didn’t exist in my mind before last night. They are etched in my mind forever, now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of children's cartoons but I will check this one out; I think it is in IMAX mode so I'll go all out here in ST Pete. I would never go except for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete