Friday, June 4, 2010

great stuff….

image

Sometimes, in your work, you run into something so simple, but so great, you’ve got to share it with everybody.

Above is one of the products presented to me at my recent visit to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).  This rocker was designed by Joe Willet, a sophomore student at the school.

Why is it so cool to me?

This rocker is so direct in it’s approach with simple, clean  lines, but comfortable with materials that feel homey and familiar.  It feels young and old at the same time, like it could have been an heirloom or purchased from a young, hip boutique. 

You could be full of tattoos and metal, or nursing a baby, and look totally in place in this chair.

Now, there are things he presented to me that are so unique, I’m not going to show them to you.   But, you will be able to see them soon enough.

This is why my job is so cool.

1 comment:

  1. I would describe it as primitive modern ... but ... what do I know. You are the expert I am NOT.
    To be honest and not to insult the Designer nor yourself, I'm a little iffy about it.
    -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete