Tuesday, July 26, 2011

and sometimes I just sits…..

“Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits” –Satchel Paige

It seems Satchel Paige may have had it right.  To sit.  To think.  To relax.  Those are traits we seem to have forgotten.

A good friend of mine told me she loves to go to the bookstore, to feel and smell the books, to sit, to relax, to breath.

The loss of retailers up and down Main Street has left us with less of that, the ability to peruse, to browse, to linger.  Yes, it’s easier to touch the keypad and get it delivered to the door, but the social process of shopping is leaving us.

“What do you think?”, those words heard so often when trying something on, or flipping through greeting cards, are gone.   Who do you ask for approval on that just right purchase?

We’re heading into eternity at warp speed.  Why are we in such a hurry?  Why does it need to be now?  Why can’t we just sit and relax?  Why can we just sits?

I think I’ll do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment