Saturday, August 15, 2009

chocolate covered bacon….on a stick

I went to the Wisconsin State Fair yesterday. I spent most of the day trying ridiculous foods on a stick. Some were good, in fact very good, and some were not so good.

I had a Reuben on a stick that was better than the original. Cheesecake on stick dipped in chocolate sauce and nuts would have drawn a six star rating on a five star scale.

I tried cherry and root beer flavored milk. The root beer tasted like a root beer float. The cherry tasted like a dreamcicle.

Then there was the macaroni and cheese on stick….not so good. And crabcakes on a stick, which were very good.

The world famous cream puffs, unbelievably good.

And the piece de resistance, chocolate covered bacon on a stick. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around that one. Watch this video if you want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dq1C1LX5A

2 comments:

  1. Now be careful with 'those sticks', young man.
    No running with them, as we don't want you falling and poking an eye out.
    -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a recipe little while ago for chocolate chip & bacon cookies. I never in a million years would think to put those two flavours together, but I guess it works!!

    Ummmmm.... how do you get mac & cheese on a stick?? Does somebody have to thread each elbow on one by one?!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete